Just because you have kids doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your interior style. Matt Baltt stylist Judyta Hulme shares five family friendly ways to update your living space.
1. Changing a colour palette is the quickest and easiest way to update your space. You might want to refresh the wall colour or just simply replace some of your wall art and accessories.A new throw and pillows can make a real splash. These don’t have to cost a fortune, but keep to your colour palette, as this will bring the look together nicely.
2. There is no need to replace all the furniture, but a few well selected exceptional pieces can make a huge difference to the space. Set yourself up for success by choosing durable upholstery fabric. The leather is always a great option, as it can stand up to just anything.
With kids around, there is never enough of storage. Go for side table with drawers and coffee table with shelves. Avoid any furniture with sharp edges.
3. Declutter, declutter declutter!
Too many accessories and you find yourself constantly walking around and tiding them up, as they are strangely always the kids favourite to play.
4. Add a rug to crate living zones. Especially with kids around, they are soft to play on and also easily to clean professionally when needed
5. Add greenery. Indoor plants help to connect the indoor with the outdoor and make spaces to appear larger and fresher.
WHAT WE’RE LOVING
Pictured Matt Blatt Norsu 3 seater