BY MARCIA LEONE
I’m often told by hairdressers that my hair is in really good condition, but that hasn’t always been the case. I’ve been colouring my hair for 15+ years, and because it’s so long ( and always tied up in a permanent mum-bun) it’s most definitely prone to dryness and split ends, so I need to be mindful of what I do (and don’t do) with it to keep it as healthy and shiny as possible.
Here are the 5 things I consistently do –
– Only wash once or twice a week and let it dry naturally wherever possible.
– Always use snag-less hair ties. If you are a mum-bun-oholic like me, it’s so important to use elastics that don’t damage the hair follicles.
– Never over-style. I only blow dry and/or use the straightener once a week at most. If I have photoshoots or events, I make sure I use a treatment like Schwarzkopf Professional’s Deep Nourishing Treatment from the BC Bonacure Repair Rescue range after the event to reduce the heat damage from styling.
– Never underestimate a good shampoo & conditioner. Schwarzkopf Professional’s BC Repair Rescue is specifically designed to reverse damaged hair- perfect for colour treated hair it contains powerful peptides to help rebuild the hair from the inside out. It smells great and immediately feels shiny and strong.
– Use treatments! Once a week I will use the Schwarzkopf Professional BC Repair Rescue Deep Nourishing Treatment to give extra hydration and strength – and my favourite product of the range is the Repair Rescue Sealed ends- keeping those ends nice and healthy is especially important for me as I only trim my hair once every 3 months.
This post was written in partnership with Schwarzkopf Professional. I used the product exclusively for 6 weeks before writing the review. Product is available from selected hair salons and professional hair care retailers.