BY MARCIA LEONE
Week two into the dreaded school lunches and I’m already scouring the net for inspiration, so I thought I would share my finds in a new series of healthy lunchbox (or anytime) treats that the kids (and you) will love.
Those who know me, know I am coconut obsessed. I drink one every day and use Coconut Oil for everything from cooking to body moisturiser. I was recently introduced to Niulife coconut oil and products, not only is the quality superior (certified organic and made within one hour of opening the coconut), but they give 100% of the profits directly back to the village communities that make the oil.
These paleo squares are super healthy, easy to make and really are all about coconuts. Most importantly they are bloody delicious!
1 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup raw honey
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Using a stand or a hand mixer, combine the eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract.
- Set your mixer to the lowest speed and slowly add the almond flour, followed by the coconut flour. Once mixed, add the shredded coconut. Continue mixing just until there is no clumping and the coconut mixture is consistent throughout.
- Pour the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish and cook for 30 minutes, or until golden around edges.
- Once through, remove from the oven and allow to completely cool. Cut into squares and keep them refrigerated until serving.
Recipe from paleoleap.com . I prefer to use Niulife coconut products to support this amazing business.